Monday, October 7, 2013

Another Day in KG2

Today started with a video chat with my parents as last night when I was chatting with them, the Internet stopped working.  I cannot wait to be in my own place and have fast Internet that hopefully will not cut out!  Nina and I arrived late to school today, she had overslept and so we arrived slightly late to school.  We have to report by 7:45 each morning and today we arrived at 7:55.  We didn't have to stop at the bakery in town for breakfast, however we decided to anyway.  I get something called Labnah which is Arab cream cheese put onto a piece of a lightly salted and grilled flat bread.  It is delicious and that plus a drink only cost me $1!  
Today we worked on the letter N again.  It went ok, it is just really difficult to teach them when they maybe understand every 10th word I'm saying.  But, like my HoF has said, they will end the year knowing more than they knew at the beginning.  My students had art today, which gave me a break to go through my cabinets in my classroom.  I now have a mental picture of my resources, which are actually really good.  I talked a little bit more with my co-teacher who had asked me if I had taught before :/.  I explained to her that I have taught for 6 years and told her the grades I have taught.  I made it really clear that I had never taught kids this young and she giggled at me.  She told me she has taught for 19 years, she is from Egypt and taught there a few years before coming to this school for 16 years.  She really is an amazing teacher and I have already learned so much from her in the 7 days I have known her.  
While my students were in Art, I rearranged my cupboards and shelves.  I also hung up a poster I found with the numbers 1-20 on it.  My co-teacher told me that I can hang up the alphabet on the blank :/ wall.  I explained to her that the alphabet that was left is not complete so I need to buy one and I will hang it up.  She is so kind, she told me that I can hang anything I want and I can hang it anywhere.  I need to make my own behavior chart with pictures of the kids as well as their names(since I have so many repeats) so that I can move their names if they are not listening.  Today I tried to move a kid's picture and (I just had a craving for hot cocoa.....) I couldn't find it probably because he wasn't at the school last year.  I will be making a chart over our break next week.  We have a week long break called Eid.  It has something to do with Abraham and the Islamic religion.  
I have had some strange cravings since being here, one of which is Mexican food, there are NO Mexican restaurants that I have found and boy have I been craving it.  I have also been craving good coffee.  While I was living in the other hotel, we were spoiled with a mall full of multiple coffee shops on each floor including a Starbucks.  At this hotel, they believe in instant coffee (vomit).  I have also craved popcorn (no microwave to pop it) and hot cocoa.  I can't wait to make a HUGE salad with all different kinds of veggies when I move into my own place.  I feel like I have been eating really heavy food at this hotel since there isn't anything but the hotel food to eat really.  Well, that is all for now, no pictures today, sorry :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment