Friday, September 20, 2013

Ikea anyone?

Today started with breakfast, the cornerstone to a good day I say.  Breakfast this morning lasted for about 2 hours, just talking and eating.  Melissa picked Casey, Rebecca, Lindsey and I up and took us out to Ikea and Ace Hardware.  Both are out on Yas Island.  Yas Island is a very green area, and beautiful.  Although it appears it is still under construction.  This is where Ferrari World is, which I is an indoor amusement park with the world's largest roller coaster.  We watched the roller coaster go and I think if I rode it, I would be up for at least 3 days because of adrenalin!  It is pretty spectacular though, and the aerial view of it is awesome, Google it!  We also got a look at Yas Waterworld, an indoor water park which sounds/looks awesome.  Walking through Ikea after having lunch there was very overwhelming.  I was able to find a few of the items I wanted from the catalogue and price them.  I eliminated the couch I wanted on account it was not comfortable and the back was too short.  I cannot wait to pick stuff out and have my own place!  Melissa was very informative and hilarious today!  I can't wait to hang out with her more!
We returned to the hotel, where I rested, and watched the Today Show again.  We decided we were going to go to dinner at this place across the way from our hotel for dinner, turns out it was an 80 Dirham minimum, so we decided to leave and head to Porters for dinner.  I had the fish and chips, it was just like any other fish and chips, nothing special about it.  We decided to head back to the hotel where I introduced the girls to Heads Up!  We played for a couple of hours, we acted, we hummed (or attempted), we laughed, I saved some videos on my camera, one of which I tried to attach but have had not such luck on the free wifi in the hotel.  While at dinner, I received a snapchat from Daniele with a picture of her, Kara and Ann all headed to teacher excellence day! It's weird that so far they don't have anything like that.  Tomorrow brings our journey to the National Bank of Abu Dhabi to pick up our debit cards!  




No comments:

Post a Comment