Saturday, September 21, 2013

It's a 6 Cab Kind of Day

After breakfast this morning, we started out on the adventure no one wanted to take, let me explain what I mean.  We made a plan, here is what it entailed: go to the bank to get our debit cards, go shop for an Abaya, get a rental car for Lindsey and possibly Casey, find some sort of stickers or something for the first day of school for Lindsey.  Our plan seemed flawless right?  I mean what could go wrong, we even had the concierge locate the correct bank for us and tell the cab driver where we needed to go.  We arrived at the bank (woohoo!), took our numbers and then panic struck the four of us!  Casey realized she left her folder of important personal information in the cab!  We, being the newbies that we are couldn't remember the cab driver's permit number and did not know we were supposed to ask for a receipt which would have had all the required information on it.  We called the cab company from two different phones only to realize that both the phones being used (mine was one of them) ran out of minutes.  So our only solution was to head back to the hotel and hopefully they could help us in some way.  We got the cab company on the phone and were able to file a lost report, but as of now, haven't heard anything.  So we hopped in another cab, headed back to the bank, received our debit cards and hopped in another cab.  Hailing a cab here is quite fun!  We made our way to a shopping center to look at Abayas.  Lindsey and Rebecca ended up buying some, they have to be made though because they are both taller than the longest length they have on the rack.  We then hopped in another cab (hope you're keeping count, this is cab number 5) to go to Hertz only to find out they want a month up front and didn't have any available cars at the current location.  So, we hopped in another cab (#6) to go back to the hotel/mall.  We walked to the mall where we went in search of the phone company that Rebecca and Casey both have to find out why they are blowing through their data/minutes when they just got the phone.  The guy just laughed at them because they both have plenty of data left and may need to just replenish their minutes.  We then went to Lulu's where they got some lunch.  I retired to my room where I passed out, must have been from all the stress of trying to find Casey's folder and the panic we all felt for her.  
I joined Rebecca in the lobby for a coffee and showed her my movie I made for Dylan.  It was really nice to share that with someone, she thought it was really cool.  She showed me her slide show she is going to show the kids she is subbing for tomorrow.  I guess the school she is going to tomorrow is desperate for teachers (there are 8 of them going tomorrow to this school) and so she will be "subbing" tomorrow.  I was able to video chat with Heather (as well as Lola and Jake) and my mom and dad who are staying with my brother and his family!  Enjoy the pics!


Playing Heads Up

Have to do laundry in my bathtub



Chatting with Lola

Chatting with Jake

My brother helping my mom with her earring

Chatting with my niece and mom

No comments:

Post a Comment