Monday, September 2, 2013

Wishing and Hoping and Thinking and Praying.........

Well, as you can see I am still stateside and obsessively checking my email for my e-ticket and visa.  I have been told by my recruiter that the remaining teachers that are stateside(apparently that is a lot) have their visas at Abu Dhabi Immigration and there is nothing that my recruiter or ADEC (Abu Dhabi Education Council) can really do.  So..... I have been laying low.  I went to my old school and tested the K-2 graders on their fluency last week.  It was definitely great to see my former coworkers as well as all the kids.  It was strange going into the school and not having a classroom though.  I was able to make the trek to Spokane this weekend to cheer on Carroll College my Alma Mater as they played a school from California in Football.  There were so many Carroll College fans that traveled to see them play, it was great to see such a small college have such a large showing of support.  They won 51-7!  
While on the field at the end of the game I found one of my roommates from college's family (aunts, uncle and cousins; one of which plays for Carroll).  It was like seeing a piece of Megan whom I miss so much!  
I made the trek with another graduate of Carroll who was a freshman when I was a senior there, as well as her mother.  The funny thing is, we didn't know each other until my second year teaching at Visitation when I asked her to sub for me.  I have left my Carroll College water bottle on my desk and in her sub notes she wrote "Go Saints", after some inquiry, I found that she was a graduate of Visitation(I knew) and also went to Carroll!  It is such a small world we live in!  Ever since then we have been friends and more recently became even better friends as she moved in across the hall from me last November.   
Long story short, I have been trying to see as many people as I can before I leave, whenever that is, and take and print as many pictures as I can to take with me.      
Until next time..........

No comments:

Post a Comment